How Do I Export Products?
You can export your Mothership products to a CSV file if you want to accomplish the following goals:
- See all the products available in your suppliers' catalog
- Edit your Mothership products in bulk using a spreadsheet
Any changes that you make to the Mothership products in your product CSV file appear in your store's product list if you import your product CSV file into Mothership.
- From your Shopify Admin, go to Apps.
- Click Mothership Connect.
- On your Mothership Dashboard, find the supplier that you want to export products from and click Manage.
- Scroll down and click on Bulk Update Markups
- Click Download Product Feed. The CSV file will be emailed to the Shopify account owner.
- You can edit several fields in the CSV file using a spreadsheet program. Those fields are:
- markup: the percentage from the products wholesale cost that you want to markup the product on import to your inventory. Use whole numbers when entering the markup- for example 25 for 25%. Wholesale cost is represented in the CSV by the field wholesale_cost_current.
- surcharge: the fixed amount that you want added to the price of the item when it is imported into your store. A markup is not added to this value.
- surcharge_currency: the currency the product surcharge is denominated in. Use the 3-letter code from your Shopify Store Currency settings to represent the currency (for example, CAD for Canadian Dollars)
- price_override: Be careful what you enter into this field. ANY value that you enter will be the price that the product is imported into your store with, even if it is below cost
- price_override_currency: the currency that your price_override will be denominated in
If you want changes you make to the CSV to be reflected in your Shopify store, you will need to upload the file to Mothership. Please note that you cannot change the order of any of the rows in the CSV if you want to upload it.
- To upload an edited product CSV to Mothership, navigate to the same page that you exported the CSV from (Apps -> Mothership Connect -> Manage -> Bulk Update Markups)
- Click Choose File and find the product CSV and click Choose.
- Click Upload Markup Feed.